Friday, December 25, 2015

Snowflakes Viola!


One year ago today....  I decided that I would make the crocheted snowflakes.  

I had wanted to decorate with lots and lots of flakes.  Over the years I started and stopped; never getting more than a few accomplished.

Lots and lots of snowflakes....  while we are not enjoying the nature made variety in the balmy 65° weather here in New England, my collection of snowflakes did get done.  I made 35 during the year.  I had set a goal of over 50 flakes. Another batch would fill out the display in my foyer better.

I am so pleased with the flakes that I did complete.  There is magic as I look at each one of them.  Each is unique, each with a story of how a simple a hook and some thread  can capture the imagination.





Thank you to Snowcatcher , for year long inspirations.   It was a year ago today that I refound her blog.  Every Monday she presents a new snowflake pattern.  Before long, I was really looking forward to Snowflake Mondays.

To present the snowflakes themselves, here's a wee video to showcase them. Enjoy!



Now on to making more snowflakes for 2016.  I will continue with the crochet variety and will try my hand at tatting a few!


Here's to a year of catching the dreams you chase,
doing what makes you smile,
and loving the life you live.

No comments: