Friday, July 6, 2018

Your Life Lessons - show up!

Are you engaged in your life?

What makes you get up and embrace your day?

These simple questions and many more need to be answered if you truly wish to make your day great.

The "I don't feel like it" (said in the whiningest of tones)  is giving in and giving up.  Often times, it is more emotional than physical.  It is true that some days are weighted down with so much 'stuff' that you need to pull back, process it, and let it pass.  

On those days - it is not a free pass in life to do nothing.  Those are the days we need our inner strength, and do the simplest of activities.

One of my friends wrote a great book on procrastination.  Sometimes that is one of my favorite sports!  In it, she writes that whatever is holding you back, do something, no matter how small, no matter how insignificant, do it.  There is something to be said when you complete some task, the cross it off the list, that gets the 'feeling' reversed.  When I encounter one of those days - I make it a game, set a timer for 5 minutes and get something done and repeat.  Before long me and my day are turning around.

Today I am not concentrating on how I feel (that could be a blog post in itself), I'm up, dressed, I'm at work, and I know at the end of the day, it will be another great day.

Show up today!


No comments: