Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Recipes - can you find your favorite


Lots and Lots of them. They come on those plastic covered cards that were part of a 'come-on' to buy the program, small scraps of paper, small cute 'cards' lovingly hand written of that favorite dish. My favorite are clippings from newspapers, and photocopies of photocopies and emails and my famous I'll write it up better when I get a chance scrap (lol).
.
When I moved to my new home, there were little corners that were not yet "organizaed" to meet my new life. The cook book shelf was one of them. With my new place I've begun to entertain on a regular basis. Now where were those exceptional recipes that I so enjoyed - I do remember part of them, though something seems missing.
.
So it's time to get them in place. There isn't a great way to save them all, so I opted for some non-glare page protectors (on sale) and an old three-ring binder. At least I can see both sides of some of those pages and they are about the same size. It was a trip down memory lane. I made this one when I first went to meet a friend's family - it was really good. Greca vegetables Oh, my buffet scape for my New Years brunch and finding Nat Nat's zapalas in her hand writting. Aunty Marl's orange macaroni salad. Hmmm I didn't find Denise's "fake potato" dish (its really califlower and it is sooo good!) I'll have to email her again.
.
If you want to get them some order, separate them into 'keep' and 'not in this lifetime'. It might seem funny but somehow I got one of them that must have looked good at that time? Anyway you know what to do with those! Next advice - do not make a project of this. No intense cataloguing system - just get them in the book, and worry about organization later. My book has two sections - first - just made in the last year and second - maybe sometime in the future.
.
By the way - share a favorite - hand write it down, an email while quick doesn't have the same feeling when you can see the handwritting. Enjoy! I hope you can find your favorites!


No comments: