Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Great Book Discussion

During my 'season', I often can schedule an hour to get out to clear my head.  It gives me a chance to get resettled so I may do a great job.

Lucky for me, I saw the author talk on his book on the life of Andrei Sakharov.  It didn't hurt that the author is my next door neighbor.  Jay Bergman is a professor at Central Connecticut State University specializing in Russian history.  He has worked long and hard and has accomplished a comprehensive account of Sakharov's life.

Born in 1921 in Moscow, Sakharov was a man so ahead of his time.  Not only was he a world reknown physicist, he was also the moral conscience for the Soviet Union and its people.

Need a great read - then I suggest getting this book.  Meeting the Demands of Reason: The Life and Thought of Andrei Sakharov  will enlighten what was going on during this turbulent time in history.

And to my friend and professor, Jay great job!

No comments: