Friday, July 3, 2015

Living My 60th Year - Git 'r done

Has been my mantra for the last month or so.  Most of you may remember Larry the Cable Guy who said this just about every time he was seen.  He was/is so funny.  If you remember him, it dates back to the early '90s!  Twitter (2006) and Facebook (2004) were not around and we gathered around TV and some radio.  

Chat rooms were the rage in the late 1990s.  I remember connecting with an amazing group of people all over the eastern seaboard on an MSN.  We even had a couple of get-togethers out on Long Island, NY.

But I digress - Git 'r Done has been my mantra.  I've been using two methods to kick start and fire up my personal engine that seemed to be idling for too long.

Method One is to write down what you have accomplished today.  Doesn't have to be earth shattering, none of the items were.  Yet after several days you will feel a sense of accomplishment. Heck after this month I feel so much better!  I really do!  

Method Two was to take an inventory of what I want to get done.  That is always a moving target, one thing gets done and two or three more pop up out of no where!  This type of list could actually get you not to do anything.  It may be to daunting at first. 

Writing it down gets it out of your mind, relieves you to concentrate on getting something done!  I find that when I have a spot of time, and I say to self, "self, get something done off the list" and viola, my list reminds me of what I could do at the moment.  I call those spots of time, bonuses!  Now who doesn't love a bonus!

So this past week - CPE was worked on; cleared more files and extensions; pinned more lace to my Pinterest boards and surpassed 4,000 pins - yeah; been weeding on the farm; worked on the stars project - last of the starching is just about complete; wrote thank you cards; mailed a box of goodies to one of my nieces; lunch with a friend of mine; watched a movie; wrote my first bit of code in WordPress.  Oh my goodness, pretty darn good.

Happy July 1st - Happy July 4th - and choose  a Git 'r Done kind of week.  Whatever makes you feel great - friends, family, or just for you!






No comments: