Monday, October 11, 2010

Special Corn Bread

It's that time of year that says it's corn bread time.  I have this little recipe that is so simple and tastes great.  I think it came from my Mom, so thanks Mom!

Take a box of Jiffy corn bread mix.  Prepare it according to the package.

Saute some sausage - I used a chicken sausage - 2 links.  Use whatever flavor of sausage you like.  Take it out of the skin and cook untill its brown, drain out any extra fat.

Place the sausage in an 8" x 8" pan.

Peel and core a green apple.  Cut it up into small pieces and place it in the pan.

Pour the Jiffy mix over the sausage and apple and bake according to the box.

This is such a simple recipe. I will make it and save it for lunch.  Easy to warm up in the microwave and goes great with salad.

Enjoy!

No comments: