Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Recipe

Back about a half of month ago, I fell to the idea sent by my dear sister-in-law, about sending a recipe chain letter.  I generally delete them and don't respond.  This seemed easy and wouldn't it be great to get some new recipes for the Fall.

This recipe chain was a simple one, send a recipe to the first on the list and take them off the list.  Add you name to the bottom of the list.  Heck the list was only she and I, and send it to a bunch of friends.

I've waited and waited, checked my junk folder, and yet none.  One of the ladies that I sent the request to, instead sent me the recipe.  Since it was the only one, I thought I'd share it with you.  Thanks to Dori!  Looks great and time to try it out.

Bon Appetit! 

MADEIRA SAUCE
 
2 TBSP BUTTER
1 1/2 TBSP FLOUR   
3/4 CUP BEEF STOCK
1 TSP. GRAVY MASTER (KITCHEN BOUQUET)
1/4 CUP MADEIRA WINE
1 TSP WORCESHIRE
1/3 CUP CHOPPED MUSHROOMS
 
IN A LARGE SAUCE PAN, SAUTE MUSHROOMS IN THE BUTTER, SPRINKLE IN THE FLOUR. 
 
ADD THE REMAINDER OF THE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER, SIMMER FOR THREE MINUTES.    POUR OVER THE ROAST AND SERVE; EXTRA IN A GRAVY BOAT FOR ADDITIONAL SERVING.

No comments: