Friday, July 31, 2009

Mom's jewelry - where is it?


Recently I was speaking with a friend of mine that was going to her 40th school reunion. We were discussing what it may be like, who gained, who lost and I had offered to her any piece of my jewelry collection, while modest, it would be something new for her to wear.

As she graciously thanked me, she told me of the story of receiving some of her mother's jewelry when her mom had passed away many years ago. I asked if I could see it and she told me it was in the safe deposit box. Well golly, I exclaimed, get it out of there and wear it. Take Mom with you. Make new memories with those lovely pieces.

So I ask you - where is it? In a austere, cold dark box in a bank? If yes, then get it out and celebrate! If no, then you are already celebrating!

No comments: