Friday, November 6, 2009

My next Speech is coming up

Back during the summer I recieve a email from Carl the President of Friends of Connecticut Libraries, FOCL with an inquiry if I would be their guest speaker for a seminar in November. I responded 'of course, anything for the Friends."

In less than two weeks, that date will arrive. The topic will be "What Your Treasurer Should Know". This one is to be from my professional side of my work. So back this past summer I began writting the outline, reading all sorts of books, and before long some six pages of single spaced outline came out. Geez - and I didn't do the exhibits or the content yet.

Carl was checking as I was looking over the outline one evening and exclaimed 'it's only a hour or so, not a three credit college class!".

As this time has drawn near, and in the last week or so, I've had to organize the information and pare it down to what could fit in a hour session, making sure that the attendees will be able to recieve some good content and go back to their Friends group inspired with new tools.

So far, the slides are almost complete, yes a MS Power Point presentation with all sorts of goodies installed! Now it is attempting to streamline the information.

tic toc, tic toc.... I'll keep you posted!

No comments: