Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tis the Season - the first tree




Christmas is an amazing time of year, though I feel so many get lost in the time coming up on the holiday. The shopping list, the shopping, wrapping presents, decorating, meal preparation, baking and cooking. It seems like a never ending list of tasks, chores, and assorted things to do.


This will be my first Christmas in my new home. I decorated ad completed my white tree. It's not traditional in any sense of the word. It's a pre-lite tree with white lights and generally just branches. It allows for the display of my crystal ornament collection. Two of the collections have to do with the 12 Days of Christmas, and assorted other ornaments - just one theme - all clear crystal. The garland is one that I made, with irredescent beads crocheted. I added some white, gold, and silver doves, and the same with some pearls. I have also added some Victorian icicles - all made a tin and help catch the light. Lest not forget some hand dipped candles I made at the Yankee Candle shop on one of my retreats to NH

So I deciced to get this tree completed early. Now I can enjoy the tree - it looks so wonderful in my new home.


Of course now this tree is complete - on to my grand stairway. At least my entrance way will be decorated. White poinsettia line the railing with french kissing balls(more on this later).


The wreaths are still awaiting my next trip to the craft store for additional hooks to hang them up and possibly more garland.


Dining has be updated with a few little trinkets and there is an elegant look.
LOL it is so nice to have my table and chairs at my place !! It really looks nice with the lights off!
If you are out there, leave a note, Tis the season - wishing you and yours some time to enjoy the upcoming holiday....... just a day at a time!

1 comment: