Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Average - That's not for me!


Most times I've several books going at the same time. Generally they may be of the same topic so I get a virtual discussion going with the various authors.

This time, I'm reading one author, Seth Godin's books. I've been following his blog - great writer both in books and the blog. Thanks to the Lucy Robbins Welles Library and CT's InterLibrary Loan program - as I've been able to assemble about 5 of his books so far.

One of his books - "the dip" - a little book that teaches you when to quit (and when to stick) is quite good. If you are in one of those situations when both ends are pulling at you and you don't know what / where / when to do or go, then this little charm is great.


One passage, I think, sums it up, Seth says (pg 44) " The next time you catch yourself being average when you feel like quitting, realize that you have only two good choices: Quit or be exceptional. Average is for losers."


If you are looking for a few helpful hints and strategies to get you through your "dip", then pick up a copy of the book - I guarantee you'll get a million dollar tip out of it.


1 comment:

Fols said...

Average is for losers.....so right. Why do things to be average...Love it!

Go Cardinals!