Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's My Birthday!!!! And my 100th Blog Entry



Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to meeeeeee, Happy Birthday to me.

I've just (at 2:56pm today, the 12th) completed my 53rd year - wow it's been a heck of a ride! I'd do it all again if I was given the chance - would not change one thing! As to my 100th blog - how appropriate to be able to make it my own birthday wishes.

This new year will have its challenges, yet I am looking ahead with more than my glass half full attitude. Getting excited about a day has been what I live for. Of course with the age of technology, we have the opportunity as individuals in the bigger picture to get-together "viritually" . I've begun to receive good wishes from friends far and near. Thanks to Dan in Georgia, Shawn in California, Dirk & Leila in Storrs, and a whole host of friends I saw today at Jerry's birthday party.

This past year has proved to be quite the year of events. Between tax season; clients selling and buying businesses; realigning myself in my volunteer work; being awarded CT 2008 Individual Achievement award for a Friend of a Library; making a major change with a move to a new home, of course the office too; bringing Stanley to the family picnic; begin a blog or two or three, set up YouTube, Facebook and Twitter; selling my old home; giving up ten days to take care of the St. Louis kids; have guests stay at the new home; find Bob the carpenter and work him almost around the clock to get me settled in; unpack my christmas decorations and decorate my new home; and make it to Christmas Eve, pictured here, for our 'annual dinner out' courtsey of Uncle Bob. Inbetween all of that I've worked well at my business, made several crochet projects, attended activities at the Lace Guild, continue to run and grow the membership of the Friends of the Lucy Robbins Welles Library's.


If you'd like to take a mini view down memory lane.... follow this link to my Facebook
for some still photo's - then I tried my hand at making a movie - so here's my first attempt. It was fun to do, now I need to just learn the software a bit more :)



THanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Patty! Make the day special! And Congratulations on your 100th Blog!!!

Shelby

Patty said...

Thanks Shelby !!!

You are so special, I'm glad you are my niece.