Sunday, October 4, 2009

One Month to Vote


I found this post card at SyracuseCulturalWorkers.com . Mr. Twain lived around the corner and was quite the character in the Hartford landscape.

Just the other day, the flags were flown at half mast as we lost another Connecticut solider in the middle east. The headlines in the paper condemned some politician for speaking up. Hundreds of people died in the earthquake / tsunami in Indonesia. In my post box was the first political mailer extolling the virtures why I should vote for this politician.

With all that has gone on, I got thinking. I'm proud to be an American. Having traveled to some three dozen countries, living here is still my first choice. I think Mr. Twain said it most eloquently "Patriotism is supporting your country all of the time, and your government when it deserves it."

One month from today is election day....... remember your voice is in your vote. Remember to go out an vote in your community!

No comments: