Friday, August 7, 2009

Estate Sale

It's a necessary service to have when it is time to clean out the house of someone who has passed away. I hired such a service, DiDi and Elaine, from a great recommendation from our realtor. We (the family and I) finally decided to close up the house and sell it.

Over the last several weeks, we have been cleaning up the outside, clearing old stuff from closets, and papers, etc. The the last of the personal items to remember "mom & dad" by were removed by the children (grown adults). Our estate folks have been working tirelessly on researching some of the items, pricing, cleaning and fixing just about all that was in the house.

Tomorrow morning before you know it, there will be a line forming outside the home by anxious antique seekers, interested parties, and who knows else. It will be a great time. Keep a good thought so we raise the $$'s for the estate.

Just a thought, as I walked through last night, there was a sense of relief and a sense of nostalgia. There were items for sale I remembered on any one of my visits to their home. It isn't the item per se, it was the memory triggered by seeing the item. Once the items find their new home, those memories will last my lifetime. I'm thankful for that.

No comments: