Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A New Day - Take Stock

Today was a long day...a good day. A day of good bye's, a day of remembering, and a day to be looking forward. As we listened to the service for Aunt Bea, I felt a sense of peace come over me. How fortunate I have been to have had such a wonderful lady in my life. It brought up a question... How different I may have been had I not this person in my life? Such a life question to ponder?

On my way home, being somewhat inspired and at peace, I stopped at the book store for some new additions to my library. As I was browsing, one of the clerks came by and wanted to know if he could be of help in finding a book. I thanked him, but I told him I was just happy enough looking about. He came back twice again, some what puzzeled that I said I was happy and "wanted to be sure". I told him I was fine, thanked him again, and said "oh yes, there is one thing... I need you to have a great evening". He walked away tickled, and I found some great titles, checked out, and kept the 'sense of peace' glowing in me.

For Today, take a moment to take stock of the absolute abundance you have at your doorstep and I hope that you can find the 'sense of peace' in each of your days.

~~~~~One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.~~ Goethe~~~

No comments: