Monday, November 24, 2014

Day 7 - Postponed - Being Thankful

Being good to me is what started this challenge - gives me daily goals and has appropriate rest spots to reflect what you have accomplished.  A little structure may help get me going.  

 
Saturday night I met up with a small group of high school friends. We had our 40th reunion this past September and it was a blast!  So much fun.  I do say we are a remarkable group of friends. Many I've haven't seen from HS days or the last reunion.  So many are not local, though we do have FB to keep us in touch.  

Yesterday morning I made me breakfast; yummy french toast.   Then the disruptions began.  I was waiting for the plumber to fix the garbage disposal, calls to / from neighbors about the holiday celebrations, work with mom via phone to get her boarding pass organized.  She is going to spend her third Thanksgiving with my baby brother in St. Louis.

Before I knew it, the day was more than half over.  It's okay.  I shared this challenge with my community garden partner/neighbor.  She is thinking this is a great idea and asked to have a copy. I spoke with Terri as she cancelled her trip up here.  I needed to spend some time with her as a friend of her's is now in hospice care and she needed to talk.  I also had the opportuity to thank her for booking my guest room so that I kicked off this whole thing.  

Instead of feeling guilty - I didn't complete today's challenge which was to clean up the mail - i.e. go through paper mail and see how much can be sent electronically.  I'll be working on it over the next several days.  My mail is enough to stop an elephant in it's tracks.

I'm feelinig thankful to have been able to reach out to my friends and family yesterday.  The next eight days will bring me lots more to be thankful for.

Item for Donate Box - another eye glass case!

Photo credit http://howtonestforless.com/2012/10/30/thanksgiving-subway-art-free-printable/

Today's Challenge - Day 8 - Pick one corner - and - find one item to put in the donate box.

No comments: