Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Day 9 - Opt for a digital picture frame

Okay - this one is interesting.  I'm not the big photo bug unless I'm on vacation or at an event.  I have many photos in albums, boxes, and such.  First attempt with a  digital camera was in 2005.  With the digital camera - came the technology.  I've loaded all my digital photos on a laptop; the front end software, Picasa, allows me to tag the photos with the people, dates and location.  You can use any software you choose, though it is fun when you want to find the pics of the kids that go way back.

Since 2005 and three laptops later, when I want to show my pictures, I would bring along my laptop.  So far that has served me just fine.

So what about the non-digital pictures?  See that special bookcase - yes it is full of photo albums.  These go back to the photo albums my mom made for me when I was just a wee one. As I got older, I put the pictures in photo albums. Some pictures are still in envelopes as I just didn't get to it.

So what to do?  I've the equipment to scan then and eliminate the majority of the albums.  So I have set up a new ToDo list - to start another 30 day challenge when this one is complete.  I would love to have this bookcase available for my lace studies :)

PS the digital pictures are backed-up in the cloud so if something happens to my laptop, no problem!

Day 9  Set up Challenge To Do list and add the elimination of picture albums Accomplished!  ---  cassette tape of Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees for the donate box.

Today's Challenge - Day 10 - Take an hour for yourself  - and - find one item to put in the donate box.

No comments: