Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Day 8 - Pick a Corner

My Corner - Before
So I did - on to the lower level of my home.  It's where my office is and extra space.  With this week and having "company" and the Thanksgiving Holiday, I'll have a chance to hide myself away and complete more of the Challenge.

Somehow my desk area seems to always be a clutter place!  So this week, and for the rest of the challenge, the top of the desk will stay orderly.  I've gone from good to awful and back to good again.  That cycle repeats itself a couple of times of the year.  So now it is time to have the cycle kick back in.  We are what we repeatedly do,” Aristotle proclaimed, a great thinker.    There are plenty places to read what to do.  At http://lifestyle.allwomenstalk.com/tips-for-a-clutter-free-office , she outlines a simple eight step method that maybe some salvation any of us need.

My Corner - After
First, everything in it's place; don't procrastinate, establish a routine, and develop a system that works for you.  I'll  take these first four items and make them the tools I will use not only for the balance of my office, but for the rest of the Challenge.

Today was a pretty good day.  I wrote a few items to help establish a routine on a small white board - not visible from here.  The desk top is cleared off - they items in the 'after' picture are ready for my meeting tomorrow.

After updating you on the progress today - I'll be making up a list of the various items that need to be done, such as a pile of scanning, sorting of other stuff that needs to be placed not in the office.  It surprised me (LOL not really) how some items make it to the office and I don't know why?

Day 8 - A Corner - Completed!  Item for donation box - a partially working foot bath machine.  

Today's Challenge - Day 9 - Opt for a digital picture frame - and - find one item to put in the donate box.

No comments: