Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 26 - Tackle the Electronics

Well "the beat goes on" as sung in the 1967 hit song by Sonny & Cher.  La di da di da....La di da di de.

So this is my electronics mess.  I'm sure I've got a few more gadgets tucked away in nooks and crannies.  I love my gadgets.  Technology screams by us today.  My Galaxy S4 phone is now old - geez it came out 18 months ago.  For some folks - it's like throw up your hands, I say - jump in!  I'm not a bleeding edge kinda gal, though using technology has allows me to do more in a shorter amount of time.

My computers, printers and scanners are very well organized as they are my life blood in my office.  It's the little stuff that you've acquired over the years, that makes the mess of  stuff.  So off I went around my home to look for those lost, misplaced and forgotten pieces of early technology that are laying around.  Yeah!  When I go out today, and move the car out of the garage,  I'll be able to get to another box of 'cables' that is up on the shelf.

One of the ways I've tackled my electronics - of course you don't see any evidence here, is to store related bits 'n pieces of the item in labeled zip lock bags.  That way when I'm looking for the cable for my camera, I can find it in a snap.  I have also learned to put a tag on the end of the cable indicating the gadget it is related to.

Another way is to save the original box and put them all together, in my case the basket on the right in the picture.  Since my closet space is so limited, the basket works well and it resides on top of a bookcase and looks nice.  Thank about it, when you're ready to replace it, you have the original box and its stuff - does anyone hear sell it on Ebay?

Oh, I better save it just-in-case ( Day #12) is related to this area in a big way.  I found my DSL modem - ah really I'm going back to DSL?  I found those plastic film screen covers that go back three phones ago - ah really I'm going back to a phone with a postage stamp size screen?  How about a portable cassette player - really I'm going to plug in and run around when I can load songs on a mp3 player that 90% smaller and lighter?

Success for Day 25 the tangled mess is sorted!  - Item for donate box - another tape cassette for the library sale.

Today's Challenge - Day 27  - Every item has its place - and - find one item to put in the donate box.

No comments: