Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Day 29 - Try something new

My Twelve Days of Christmas Tree
It's the days before Christmas and all through the house and this creature is stirring and it isn't a mouse!  The last couple of days have been focused on keeping up several of the completed daily challenges. None were really new - though the concept and discipline of the challenge was new.  

This Challenge shows that the Teacher arrives as the student becomes available.  This Challenge has given me the opportunity to think over the last 30 days.  I've brushed away some old cobwebs, brought back old perspectives that had been buried in life's layers daily stuff and found moments of peace in what is a too hectic pace in life.

Many people I've shared this with were asking for the challenge for themselves or dismissing it.  Those that were asking for the challenge are possibly in the same place I am.  They need a 'friend' in the challenge to help jump start themselves.  What this challenge did for me was to keep myself in the present, even if only for a few minutes during the day.  

Last night I delivered the donate box to Savers.  I was met with much thanks from the staff for bringing my items that will help so many others... A  Feel Good Moment. There is a new donate box in it's place.

I've been toying with the idea of several other challenges - 1st of all, repeating this one - there are still a few daily challenges that could be tidied up.  Ever since the blog of cooking through Julia's cookbook, there are plenty of challenges.  I've come up with one a month for the next year - visit a museum/attraction - borrow passes from the library;  make a different salad dressing each week and salad to go with; write a blog post every day for a year from a pre-determined list of random topics.  Then there is the 365 day count down to a big birthday - that could also be a fun challenge.

New is coming, New is needed, and New is welcomed each day to open our eyes, our thoughts and our hearts.  So onward with the journey.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Day 29 - satisfied in the success of this challenge - donate box is now empty and awaiting new treasures to give away. 

Today's Challenge - Day 30 - Wrap Up -  and - find one item to put in the donate box.

No comments: