Saturday, December 27, 2014

Energy is Rising - Good Riddance Old Habits

NASA Photo A Day
For the past 30 days, I've been cleaning, clearing, donating and recycling 'stuff'.   The 30 Day Minimalist Challenge.  It's like clearing the decks for a new day.

It all started as I was going to have a guest staying over Thanksgiving week.  I needed to make certain areas presentable to have a guest in for several days.  I'm sure we have all been there!  Some type of event is in the near future and you notice your surroundings.  Yikes!

When I started this challenge, I've noticed that my energy level has been changing as a result of it.  I feel a bit of glow - a level of what could I get to next in my consciousness.  There is a bit of discipline - though not much to get going.  The success each day makes the difference.  Success each day, no matter how big or small has reduced my stress level.  Let me tell you, old habits don't necessarily die - they need to be replaced.  

My good habits some how got pushed to the back of life, and are now being resurrected. My kitchen is now generally all cleaned up before retiring in the evening.  The bedroom is quiet and 'zen' like.  The guest room was a dumping place - cleaned up for the guest that didn't arrive - and now has gotten a bit untidy again.  It's actually okay as several of the other days' tasks we not completed and that was the best place to put them until I could go back to them.

I'm back in my five at five routine two times a day.  Five minutes in the a.m. and again in the p.m. to pick up and put items away.  Some days it seems to be a rush around, then other days a much more relaxed time.  

PS  - Tame the electronics --- found some more items, some are going to the transfer station, others were labeled as to what they are so I can get to them when I need them.  I found some really great old cables - good ole parallel cables that you used for printers - great trip down memory lane, if only for a few minutes!  Try to get a printer today that uses a parallel cable. 

 Glad to see the good ole habits taking their rightful place in the presence.  It's a grand day!  I'm thankful.






  





No comments: